When I decided to take on the Whole30 I knew it was going to be a challenge. Not just because I would miss some of my favorite foods, but because I would miss the variety of foods, and also miss eating my favorites with my family. I mean who wants to sit down with your family and eat a kale salad with chicken while they're eating pizza? Not me.
So although its not technically Whole30 to recreate your favorite foods using 'approved' ingredients, I did it anyway. Doing this every now and then (I'm not making anything crazy like paleo pancakes or cookies) helps me stay on track, which is really my ultimate goal of the Whole30 anyway. I knew a recipe I would need to come up with fast was pizza, because my family makes homemade pizza almost every week, although the pizza we make is relatively healthy, it is not Whole30!
The best part about this recipe is that it is SUPER easy, like all you have to do is combine some ingredients, mix it and put it in the oven with your favorite toppings, its a dream come true pizza in under 30 minutes recipe! What could be better than that when you're hungry and cranky from the lack of sugar on the Whole30?!
Anyway, enjoy the recipe! Comment below if you get a chance to try it!
- 1 Cup of Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and press crust down until it is about half an inch thick and in a circle.
- Cook crust for 10 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Take the crust out and add toppings (I used sauce, spinach, onion, mushrooms and nutritional yeast, but add whatever you like.)
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes with toppings.