I LOVE waking up in the morning, taking my time, making a big yummy breakfast and enjoying it with my cup of coffee. Unfortunately, that's not always how my morning goes, and more often than not I need to grab something quick and run out the door. When I don't have something prepped for breakfast I am almost always late to work or wherever I'm going that day, because lets be real, breakfast is more important.
I knew I wanted to make something good and different for breakfast, I just didn't know what. I also knew that we had about 5 spaghetti squashes from the garden that we needed to cook, so I decided to combine the two. I was determined to make spaghetti squash into a breakfast food, and what better to pair it with than eggs?
Egg muffins are about the only togo egg breakfast item I like, so there it was, my latest on the go breakfast idea and they are pretty delicious. The sweetness of the spaghetti squash mixed with eggs and veggies really made for the perfect breakfast combo. It was an easy to make, easy to take filling and healthy breakfast! What more could I ask for??
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 3 cups of Spaghetti Squash, cooked
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk of choice
- About 2 cups of Sautéed veggies of choice (I used onion, kale and mushrooms)
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the spaghetti squash and separate 3 cups. I cut it in half, put it face down on a cookie sheet and bake on 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, but depending on the size of the squash it could be longer or shorter, when its soft, its done.
- Then start sautéing your veggies, heat up some oil or cooking spray in a pan and toss in chopped veggies, make sure they are fully cooked and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, milk and pepper into a bowl and scrabble, set aside.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and then press about 1/4 cup of spaghetti squash to the sides.
- Evenly distribute the veggies in each muffin.
- Pour the scrambled egg mixture on top of the veggies.
- Bake on 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
Safe to say I'm pretty obsessed with this recipe, I will definitely be making it again soon!