Chicken parm, enough said basically. I don’t think I have ever met someone who doesn’t just LOVE this dish, unfortunately it is pretty unhealthy, high in calories and if you get it out to eat its about 1000x worse than you could ever imagine. That is why I started making spaghetti squash chicken parm, its just as good if not better than your typical recipe plus it is way way better for you!
- Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 6 Chicken Strips (pre-cooked on the grill)
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- (2 servings)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, when heated cook the spaghetti squash until softened (about 20 minutes).
- Take the spaghetti squash out of the oven and cut it in half, removing the seeds. Then place faced down in a glass container with water covering the bottom.
- Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes, checking every once in awhile to see if it is completely softened (cook time depends on size of squash).
- While spaghetti squash is cooking, heat up the tomato sauce in a sauce pan.
- Take the spaghetti squash out of the oven, with a fork loosen the insides, place the chicken inside, then cover with sauce and cheese.
- Place squash under the broiler until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 2 minutes.