The great thing about this recipe is that it makes a lot of extras. You can get 2 meals out of it for a family, or set some aside and freeze to feed 1-2 people many times. Another awesome thing about this recipe is that you can do SO many different things with it and it is so much tastier that regular store bought tomato sauce. So far I have made a Whole30 approved Pizza and spaghetti squash pasta with this sauce and both came out amazing!
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Pint of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2, 28 oz Cans of San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1, 12 oz can of Roasted Red Peppers finely chopped
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pot, then add cherry tomatoes and cook until soft.
Add all the other ingredients and mash up.
Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 2-4 hours, the longer it is left simmering the more flavorful it will be!
This sauce is a new staple in my meal preps! Comment below if you get to try it out yourself!