Like many other's I am constantly on the go, I work a couple of different jobs and often times I have to enjoy my meals and snacks as I am driving from one place to the other. This makes it so important to me to have easy, satisfying snacks with me at all times, just so I don't over indulge and get a treat at Starbucks! I have been experimenting with a lot of different recipes lately trying to mix up the perfect peanut butter protein ball. Peanut butter along with chocolate is probably my favorite thing ever, so Reese's candies are basically as good as it gets. Until they start making guilt-free Reese's that taste like the real thing, my peanut butter protein balls will have to do!
These protein balls are DELICIOUS, the perfect texture and super satisfying. They also pack well and are easy to eat while I am running from one job to the next!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 can of chick peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Scoop of Peanut Butter Protein Powder (I used Quest protein)
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of agave
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a food process and process until it is a creamy paste. This might take about 5 minutes, and you will have to stop it and scrape the mixture off the sides.
- Roll into balls and leave in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Take them out of the freezer and top with whatever you want! I rolled some in cocoa powder and left others plain, you can also dip in melted chocolate again and freeze them or roll them in mini chocolate chips!