Reese’s peanut butter cups are my all time favorite candy. I was the kid on Halloween fighting for the last Reese’s and trading all of my candy for them at the end of the night. There is literally nothing better in my mind than the chocolate and peanut butter combination, especially when they are in egg or heart form.
Unfortunately, I can no longer eat a Reese’s a day (not that I ever did that, although I would like to!) so I decided it was time to make a replacement that I can enjoy not quite every day, but just when my chocolate cravings were high and I needed the extra treat!
This recipe came about because I am trying a no sugar challenge with a group of girls and I knew I needed a good chocolate recipe to keep me sane during my detox! Lucky for me the protein powder I use is the best of the best and tastes like dessert. It is amazing just mixed alone with water so I knew it would give me the perfect chocolatey flavor I needed to make a good peanut butter cup, or almond butter cup, that is! You can buy the protein powder I use here!
The combination of the almond butter and chocolate is to die for so I hope you enjoy it!
5 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Shakeology (I used the vegan recipe)
- 4 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 6 Teaspoons of almond butter
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Mix together 1/2 a scoop of shakeology with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Divide evenly between the 6 muffin tins and put in the freezer until frozen, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the bottom layer of chocolate is frozen, scoop one teaspoon of almond butter on top of the chocolate in each muffin tin. Put back in the freezer until frozen, about 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat the first and second step with a final layer of chocolate and freeze, for best results let freeze overnight! Enjoy cold!
- Serves 6