Hey everyone! So I know it has been a little bit since my last post! As some of you may know, I have started to go back to school to become a Registered Dietician. This summer was my first semester back, and it definitely took some adjusting! On top of working full-time (sometimes over 40 hours a week) my recipe posting struggled a little bit! Anyway, I have the next 3 weeks off from school so you will definitely be hearing more from me! Plus I am going to make sure I create a schedule for myself so this does not happen when I return back to school in the fall.
Anyway, more about what you all came here for! The recipe! So I LOVE salt, like love it more than chocolate, I put it on everything, and just can not get enough of it. I always tell myself that I need some extra salt because I have low blood pressure? Not sure how much sense that makes but it justifies my love for salt so it works for now.
BUT chocolate AND salt, we definitely have a winner in the flavor combo here. Nothing better than some sweet dark chocolate, and the salty salt (haaaaha).
One other note about this recipe is that it contains tahini (basically a nut butter made with sesame seeds) which I definitely suggest using if you have it! But you can also use peanut butter or almond butter. The flavor is less distinct with tahini, so the energy bites come out tasting more like chocolate and sea salt, if you do decide to use almond butter or peanut butter, you will probably have something tasting more like that! But do what YOU like! It's your recipe!
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Energy Bites
- 8 oz of pitted dates
- 1/4 cup of tahini (almond butter or peanut butter would work too)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- sea salt
- cocoa nibs or dark chocolate chips
- Step 1 Throw all the ingredients besides the salt and chocolate chips into a food processor and blend until the mixture turns into one big ball
- Step 2 Roll into 10 smaller balls
- Step 3 Roll in sea salt and dark chocolate chips! As many as you like! Whatever looks good to you!