Last night my family and I had the most delicious and filling Asian inspired meal. Usually, I’m not one for Chinese food, but this meal was to die for. The combination of vegetables, soy sauce and ginger tastes on top of all that healthy vegetables was perfect. Our meal consisted of Asian chicken thighs, brussels sprouts, avocado and grapefruit spring rolls and some cauliflower fried rice. All were delicious, now this time I can’t take credit for any of it, except buying the soy sauce and brussels sprouts because my parents made the whole thing. However, I am usually the one to make the cauliflower fried rice. This is one of my favorite things because it is just so simple to make and so delicious, so I thought I would share the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1 Chopped Carrot
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Snap Peas
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 eggs
- Heat pan and add sesame oil, then add in the chopped vegetables and stir fry until tender.
- While cooking the vegetables, chop the cauliflower and add into the food processor, process until it forms a rice like texture.
- When vegetables are cooked add in the cauliflower and cook for a few minutes until warm.
- Add in the spices and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until everything is mixed.
- Push everything to once side of the pan, then crack one egg, scramble on the pan and mix with veggies, then repeat with the second egg.
- Once everything is mixed and hot, remove from the heat and serve.
- I like to keep the soy sauce out of the rice until served, that way everyone can add the desired amount. This can be served with asian style chicken and homemade veggie spring rolls! Enjoy!
This was our fried rice and brussels sprout, avocado spring rolls!
Best Asian inspired food I have ever had!