Happy Sunday Everyone! The past few days up on the North Shore have been pretty depressing! The weather went from beautiful hot and sunny to really gloomy, cold and rainy; what is this I thought it was July?!? Anyway, as I went to bed last night I was dreaming about what I was going to have for breakfast this morning, my very busy life rarely allows me time to just wakeup, hangout and enjoy a nice hot breakfast so I had to take advantage of my morning off. Since the weather won't allow me to go enjoy the beach and lift my mood, I had to makeup for that with a nice warm, yummy breakfast!
I was thinking eggs and veggies, but that is something I would normally eat and I wanted a treat because it is Sunday morning! So pancakes it was, usually I'm a waffle person but I was feeling something different, and I have seen so many protein pancake recipes around lately I had to try one for myself. This recipe was super easy to make, delicious and filling, I could not have asked for a more perfect pancake recipe!
Just trying to make an artsy foodie photo.
The perfect stack of pancakes!
Serves 5 Pancakes
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 Over-ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of protein powder (I used vanilla Shakeology)
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, mashing the banana until creamy.
- Poor individual pancakes on the pan and cook about 60 seconds on each side.
- Top with anything you like! I chose sliced strawberries and Walden Farms 0 calorie maple syrup!
Comment below! Let me know what you think!